Friday, November 1, 2013

The Thankful Project {Day 1: A Person}

It's November. Is it just me or has time flown by this year? My favorite months of the whole year are November and December.

November is a month of being thankful, love and family. December is the month of more gratefulness, love, and family.

Most times I'm hard on myself, for not accomplishing things I planned to, or not taking some paths I should have, or this or that. And sometimes I take things for granted. But when Thanksgiving comes around, and I just look around the circle that me and my family make to give thanks before eating, I realize about all the things I should be grateful for.

So this month, I will participating along with Kenzie at Chasing Happy for her Thankful Project, read more here. Each day up until Thanksgiving, we write about something we are thankful for. Visit her page for the prompts.



November 1: A Person
I have a lot of people to be thankful for. Amazing people surround me, and I'm so glad that they are a part of my life. Please believe me when I say, if I didn't have the people that I do, I don't think I would be here. I know I don't tell me enough, or at all, how important they are in my life, but I am really grateful for them, every single one, parents, grandparents, best friends, cousins, nieces, nephews, friends. 

But the one person I am the most thankful for is my mom. I'm the only girl, so I'm both of a mommy's girl and a daddy's girl. But I think I'm closer to my mom. She did, and does a lot for us. When we were younger, she would go volunteer at our school, even when she was stuck helping the struggling kids, and let me say she has no patience with kids that are not her own. lol. She's told us that she was frustrated when she would go volunteering. 

She helped us with homework to the best of her ability. And she always put us first. She took us to our baseball practices and softball games. She dances to the beat of her own music. But seriously she does, when I was younger I would be embarrassed but now I've learned to appreciate her. :) 

She's my amazing, beautiful, smart, strong SUPER MAMI!! I don't know what I would do without her. or who I would be. or where I would be. She's helped me in the darkest days and nights in college. And I know she will always love me and my brothers and my dad unconditionally. And I will always love her. 

These words do not do justice to how incredibly grateful I am to have a mom like the one that I do. I love you, mom!! 
 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)