Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Role As A Teacher {The Thankful Project}

Check out Chasing Happy for all the prompts for The Thankful Project

November 2: A Role You've Played
If you ask my mom she can tell you that I always wanted to be a teacher. She tells me that I have patience something that according to her she does not. But yes, for as long as I can remember I've always wanted to work with kids. I believe education is the most important thing someone can have. Although my dream goals have changed and varied along the years, being a teacher has always stayed at the back of mind. 

It was my senior year of college. I was freaking out because I was going to graduate in less than a year, and I still didn't have a job experience. I searched online at our work study and found this amazing company called Jumpstart. The program worked with preschools/headstart throughout the nation to help the kiddies be ready for kindergarten. Their mission was to  provide early education centers with core values, and corp members to help prepare the children to succeed when they enter elementary school. 

The rest of my team, and the amazing teachers!!
It was the best experience I have had in my life. As a team of 5 members, we came up with session plans that involved reading groups, circle time, center time, and other areas. It was the closest I was to being a teacher. And I loved it. The kids were the sweetest, and each morning we went they already knew what was ahead. 

I'm grateful for the role of teacher I got the chance of playing through Jumpstart, because it was through this experience that I fell in love with teaching even more.

 photo signature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. The world is lucky to have people like you who actually have a passion for teaching! We need more people like that. That's so awesome that it's something that you've been wanting to do for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffany!! Yes, working with children is something that I love doing! !:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. I am a teacher. I teach first grade and I love it. Some people are just born to be teachers!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)