|photo courtesy of the Food Network|
salt and freshly ground pepper
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1 lemon (1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges)
Pinch of red pepper flakes
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 pounds)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Cut the potatoes in small slices or quartered depending on the potatoes' size
- Position the oven rack on the lower third of the oven and preheat to 425 degree F.
- Toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 tablespoon salt and pepper to taste. Spread them over a large baking dish and put them to roast in the oven until potatoes begin to brown (~ 20-25 mins)
- While potatoes are roasting, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and add the finely chopped garlic, stirring occasionally until nice and golden.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, half a 1/2 juice and red pepper flakes.
- When potatoes finish roasting, remove the baking dish from the oven and push the potatoes to the sides. Add the chicken breasts on the middle of the dish. Season the chicken with salt and drizzle with the garlic mixture.
- Return the dish to the oven until the chicken is cooked, and the potatoes are nice and tender. (~ 30-35 mins)
- When the chicken is finished, slice it and serve with some potatoes!! Enjoy!!!!
Our chicken was not browning like in the picture.
So we left the chicken in the oven a little longer and it came out a little dry.
I read on the recipe reviews that they cooked the chicken on a skillet for a bit before putting it in the oven.
I think that is a great idea. We will try it next time. :)
Also we think our chicken breasts were a bit bigger than in the ingredient list, so I think they needed more of the garlic mixture.
Other than that I think it was delish, definitely something different.