Today's A-Z Letter is T... for... Teriyaki Chicken Bowl.
I love chicken bowls, and teriyaki is my favorite kind. We usually buy the box kits from Costco, that comes with a bag of chicken and a packet of sauce, we've tried the Teriyaki Chicken, and the Orange Chicken and they taste so good. Well, we weren't sure why we only had the packet of chicken in our fridge without the packet of sauce, so we decide to add Teriyaki from the store. And it came out good.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of butter
- Chicken, (we had the leftover packet) but you can do it with like 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of Teriyaki Glaze
- Mixed veggies
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Put the two cups of water to boil in a small pot
- Once the water has boiled add the rice. And season it with butter and some salt.
- Cover the pot and let rice cook.
- My moms golden rule for making rice: Its a 1:2 ratio of rice to water.
- In a pan, add some a cup of water and add your veggies.
- Let them cook until tender, and throw out most of the water.
- Bring it back to heat and some butter to give it flavor.
- In another pan, add a bit of olive oil and add your chicken.
- Once your chicken in cooked, add 1 cup of Teriyaki, and let the chicken cook with the sauce.
- Once the chicken is done, serve rice, veggies and top it with the chicken.