Oh my, I can't believe we are already in May. Time is going by fast!!
May, I Welcome you! Be good to us!!
Before I get to why I love May, let's wrap up April.
April was definitely a busy month. I got hired as a substitute para educator, which I'm loving. Now I have two part-time jobs, with not many hours, but the experience is what I look forward to.
I also started the A-Z challenge, and I wanted to complete 90% of the posts, which would end up being 23 out of 26 posts. I'm sorry to say that I did not complete my goal. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but April was a busy month.
Another main goal was to eat healthier and to workout more. Happy to say I have been eating healthier lately. And although I did join the #1800MinuteChallenge, I did not workout as much as I wanted to this past weekend.
Social Life Update: I did not visit new places. But I did give sushi a 2nd chance. And it was okay, but I wouldn't order it as my first choice of food. I didn't see my friends that much this month, and I'm hoping May changes that. I also joined a Book Club through Meet Up this month.
I participated in World Book Night this past April 23. It is an event held every year on Shakespeare's birthday, in order to spread the love of reading to people who might not have access to reading materials and books, by handing out free books. It was very rewarding, and will be participating next year.
May means that summer is around the corner. And here in California, these last couple of days have been hot. I think we are going to have a hot summer. May also means family functions, Mom's, Brothers', Grandma's birthdays. Mother's Day!
These are some of the things I look forward to in May:
1. I still want to continue eating healthier.
2. I do want to really get into a work out routine.
3. Get my Mom and Grandma something special for their birthday and Mother's Day.
4. Continue enjoying my new job, even if it means getting a 6am wake up call.
5. Go to our second annual Memorial Day Weekend trip with my best friends. This year: Palm Springs
6. Participate in Bout of Books 10.0 and finish at least 3 books this month.
7. Attend at least 1 Book Club meeting through Meetup.
8. I have about 7 months until my 25 birthday, I definitely want to start on that Bucket List of mine. Any ideas?