Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Literary Junkies {July Edition}

It's time for Literary Junkies!!! wooot!! I haven't done one of these in a long time!! :) I totally missed it yesterday. :) 
Pink Heels Pink Truck

1. What are you reading? Tell us about it!
I'm reading a couple of books right now.. *cough cough* Totally guilty of #5. eeek. But one of them is Elly in Love, which I will be reviewing on Friday!! :) 

The much anticipated sequel to the bestselling novel, Elly in Bloom, is finally here!

Curvy wedding florist Elly Jordan has had quite a year. First, she had to design her ex-husband’s wedding to the mistress who split them up, and then she broke up with the hottest musician this side of St. Louis. Three months have passed since then, and now Elly is primed for what promises to be the best wedding season of her life.

Helped by her loyal friends, Elly is on the verge of opening a chic flower boutique uptown when BlissBride, a popular wedding reality show, asks her to design the wedding of a famous—make that infamous--celebrity. Elly is about to get everything she’s ever wanted, when a stranger shows up at her store with a request that changes every aspect of her life--including her budding relationship with deli owner Keith. As she struggles to stay calm in the midst of growing chaos, Elly will learn the true meaning of love and sacrifice. 

Filled with the heart, humor, and horticulture that made Elly in Bloom a bestseller, Elly in Love welcomes readers back to Elly’s big, beautiful, and messy life. - from GoodReads

2. Do you find yourself reading more of a particular genre during the heat of summer?
I do find myself reading more during the summer, but as for a particular genre, no. I just like any books that are super easy to read, and that I can devour in a couple of hours. hehe

3. Who are your favorite book villains (either to love or to hate?)
Gahhh.. I don't think I have a favorite villan, even though I  might not like villans in most books, at the same time I love the idea of them. It makes the plot so much interesting.

4. If you could choose one author’s writing powers to harness, who would you choose and why?
Soo many amazing authors, how can I just choose one!!! gaaahhh.. I think if I would choose one, it would be F. Scott Fitzegerald. I loved the Great Gatsby, and just the way he wrote that books, the scenes, the emotions, it was awesome. One of my all time-favorite books. 

5. Do you read one book at a time, or read multiple books at once?
Yes I'm definitely guilty of reading multiple books at once. I really try my hardest not to do it, but sometimes there are those books that catch your attention at the exact same time, that your have to read them both. 

6. What are some of your favorite non-fiction books?
Gahh, I'm not a big non-fiction reader at all. I think the only non-fiction books I've read would be the textbooks throughout my school years.. eeeek. :/

What are you currently reading?
 photo signature2-1.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what you think of Elly in Love-- I started it but just couldn't get into it at all :\ I did just finish Ghosting which was added to the BookSparks list and loooved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading a couple of books. you sound like me although right now i'm only reading one. "BEST OF ME" by Nicholas Sparks. bought it online and I'm stoked about it. I love all of his books and can't wait to see this movie. I may finish it by the weekend due to where i'm going the next couple of days.

    http://nightowlventing02.blogspot.com/2014/07/the-hump-day-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)