- To make the hem. Fold 1/4 inch at the bottom and both sides. *Not the top part of the panel
- To make the gathered part at the top of the curtain, simply set your machine to a wide straight stitch or basting stitch. *It is very important not to back stitch when you start or finish sewing.
- Make a straight sewing stitch about 1/4" from the raw edge all across the top part of each panel. Make sure to leave some thread at the end.
- Okay so you are ready to gather. Starting on the left side, begin to pull the front thread, gathering the fabric as you pull. Continue until the fabric reaches the middle, and then switch to the right side, pulling the front thread to gather the fabric.
- Gather the fabric until it is at your desired width.
*To learn a little bit more about gathering visit this post on Pretty Prudent .
- Now that your panels are gathered to the right size, figure out where you want your Velcro strip/circle to be. I put mine on the top corners of each panel.
- Apply some fabric glue or hot glue to the back side of the Velcro strip and glue it to your fabric panel.
- Do the same with the opposite side of the Velcro strip and glue it to your bookshelf.
- And there you are done. No more messiness out in the open.