Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Literary Junkies {February}

Better late than never right? Ooops :/
Pink Heels Pink Truck
Here are this month's questions:
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I started Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, this weekend. 
From the Booker Prize-winning author of The Remains of the Daycomes a devastating new novel of innocence, knowledge, and loss. As children Kathy, Ruth, and Tommy were students at Hailsham, an exclusive boarding school secluded in the English countryside. It was a place of mercurial cliques and mysterious rules where teachers were constantly reminding their charges of how special they were. 

Now, years later, Kathy is a young woman. Ruth and Tommy have reentered her life. And for the first time she is beginning to look back at their shared past and understand just what it is that makes them special–and how that gift will shape the rest of their time together. Suspenseful, moving, beautifully atmospheric, Never Let Me Go is another classic by the author of The Remains of the Day - from Goodreads

2. What books are on your bedside table at the moment?
Right now I have a couple, all from the library!! Which I'm starting to fall in love with the library again. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, Commencement by J. Courtney Sullivan, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer , Christmas Bliss by Mary Kay Andrews.

3. Amazon recently released the 100 books to read in a lifetime.  What did they miss that you would add?
This list is amazing! I'm proud to say that I've read a quarter of these books.  I say that's pretty good to me. Also, most of the books on here were introduced to me in my High School English Classes. That what I loved most about my High School English Teachers they taught us to think outside the box with these books. I think some of the books that I've read that I feel everyone should read is Kindred by Octavia Butler, Enrique's Journey by Sonia Nazario, Always Running by Luis J Rodriguez and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.


4. Are there any books being published in 2014 that you are anxiously awaiting?  If so, what are they?
I'm really bad with new releases. I always know about them like months or even years after. Eeekk.

5. Name the next 3 books in your To Be Read List (the ones you will be reading next on your list.)
Other than the books on my bedside table:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke

Your turn? What do you think, any books that didn't make the list, that you think we should all read?
 photo signature2-1.jpg

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Commencement. I haven't read Christmas Bliss but it's on my TBR pile bc she's one of my fav authors. And I have The Fault in Our Stars on my TBR list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting choices! Thank you for sharing :) I am always looking for something new to read on my nook

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love this. Great tag. I am about to start The Fault in our Stars. I've heard it is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the process of reading "heaven is fovr real." then i wanna read "endless love" and the other 3 books i bought.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)