Friday, February 7, 2014

Glitter Wine Glasses {D.I.Y}

 Okay so who doesn't love making things? I know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to!!! And the one thing responsible for my D.I.Y crazed mind is Pinterest. There are so many cool projects to do, sometimes they don't come out the way they are supposed to but I still feel accomplished. 
So here is my Pinterest-inspired-series, where I bring you cool, hopefully easy to make D.I.Y projects that I found in Pinterest. 
First up, are these cool Glitter Wine Glasses. I made them back in December for Christimas gifts for my girl friends, and I think they would be a perfect gift for Valentine's gift for your besties, or your sisters, or you momma, or your boss. Because let's face it, we all need a glass of wine once in a while. 
//Inspiration// 
The posts that started it all. Gorgeousness 
{The Sasse Life} // {Something Turquoise} // {Satiated Sparkle}
//My Take//
//Supplies//
Wine Glasses (or jars, or champagne flutes, your choice)
Glitter 
Mod podge
 Painter's tape (I used clear tape, because I didn't have any, and it didn't come out quite as nice)
Paint Sponge
- Make sure your glass is clean before you begin. 
- With a piece of tape, tape off your design. Please use Painter's tape, I used regular clear packaging tape, and the glitter did not come out as precise as it should ve been. Also, it was harder to take off the clear tape from the glass. 
- Once you have your design taped, with the paint sponge apply the mod podge glue all around your glass.
- Now comes the fun part, GLITTER!!! Have I mention how much I love glitter, well a lot. 
- Anyways with the glitter color of your choice (make sure you have a paper plate or you protected your table with paper, because you will have glitter all over the place), sprinkle the glitter all around the glass. 
- Okay for the last step we must seal in our  glitter, but before we do this, we must let our glitter dry, at the very list 8 hours, I left mine overnight. 
- Make sure you wash your mod podge sponge, so it doesn't dry and become hard, we will need it later. 
- Okay so you've let your glitter dry, perfect, now we need to seal our glitter. 
- Taking our sponge, we will make another coat of mod podge, to seal our beautiful glitter so that there won't be loose glitter all over the place. 
- Let your last coat of glitter dry for at least 4 hours. Take off the tape.
- And enjoy a wonderful glass of wine. :) 
//Care//
In order for our creation to stay beautiful please handwash. 
What is your favorite D.I.Y project? Have you done one of these glittered wine glasses, I wanna know? 
 photo signature2.jpg

6 comments:

  1. these have to be the cutest things I've seen today. even though it would be messy with all that glue and glitter but in the end its worth it. Where's a Hot pink one? heck where's the hot pink glitter and I'll come over and help ya. lol

    https://twitter.com/HotOwlPink07

    hotpinkowl07.blogspot.com

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    http://www.bloglovin.com/pinkowl07

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Im so bad at DIYs. P.S. you are my blog love today on my blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks hun!! heheh.. I love glitter too!!!! Yes please come over.. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girly!!! I love DIYs.. lol. and omg, really, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie @ Diary of a DebutanFebruary 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM

    So cute, and they seem surprisingly easy to make!! Definitely crafting these at my next girls night! :)

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally easy to make!!! :) Making them on girls night would be such a cute idea.. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)