Wednesday, February 5, 2014

All Grown Up {The Girl Between The Lines}

Girl Between the Lines Link up

This Week's Prompt: This is a free week to write about something that fits the theme of your blog. 

Last week I missed The Girl Between The Lines prompt, that I really wanted to write about. So today I bring you last week's prompt.

We all imagined what our lives would like when we were "all grown up"... how does that compare to what your life looks like now?"

You know how some kids change what they want to be when they grow up every so often. I remember not really changing it. I wanted to be a teacher, for as long as remember. I remember having this ping-pong table at our house, and when it was time to play outside, me and my cousins would play school. The ping-pong table was green, and big, and it looked like a chalkboard, and we would literally use it as such. I would be the teacher and my brothers and cousins would be my students. I would even make a roll sheet to look like the ones that the teachers have. 

As I got older, being a teacher stayed with me. It was in college where I really realized that I enjoyed working with children. 

Another thing that I dreamed about when I was little was going to college. My parents were always encouraging us and telling us that education was important. So I knew that I wanted to go to college. 

Another goal was that by age 25, I wanted to have a college degree, my career set, married and possibly a baby on the way. 

Where am I right now? Well I graduated from college a year ago. And I working as a tutor and job hunting  to try to get more experience working with kids. But as of 1 week ago, I have been questioning whether educating is my main goal. I think I've come at a crossroads, because I'm not sure what I want to do. And I'm getting a little anxious about it. 

I'm turning 25 this year, I have graduated from college, I haven't officially started by career, and prince charming is nowhere in sight. At 23, I was freaking out about not "having my life together", but now I'm . I'm still trying to figure myself out. I'm enjoying life as much as I can right now and i'm excited to see what happens next. So many people around me seem to have their path set, which I admire, and some like me are on our way. And although I might get anxious and frustrated because things aren't going the way I planned them to be, I know it's going to be okay. 

How do your "when I grow up" plans compare to your life now? 
 photo signature2.jpg

10 comments:

  1. they dont actually.

    but its ok. you cant always have what you want. i have a great guy and wonderful family and friends though.

    nightowlventing02.blogspot.com

    hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com

    https://www.facebook.com/NightOwlBlogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe that's cute that you've always wanted to be a teacher. I have wanted to be a teacher most of my life too. Im trying to get there. lol. Life send you through loops and side paths. It's kind of fun getting to know and find yourself though! You will figure it all out! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award on Bloglovin! Check out my blog for details. http://prettybyalexa.blogspot.dk/2014/02/me-liebster-award.htmlxoxo Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Adri!

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :) Check it out here on my blog:
    http://sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-award.html

    Can't wait to see your answers!



    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gina!!! :) Yay I like meeting people who enjoy kids and teaching!! yay!! :)
    And it is fun getting to figure oneself out. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Alexa!!!
    ohhh wow!!! Yay thank you!!! I promise to post up my answers very soon!!! :)
    Loving your blog too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh wow.. Second nomination today!! I'm so excited.. thank you Lindi.. Will be posting the answers to your questions soonsies!!
    Thank you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Career wise my plans are spot on. I've always wanted to be a teacher. But personally I thought I would be married with 3 kids by now. So glad that didn't happen. Did you ever see where I featured you for my Do something new post. I put up the crockpot chicken and potatoes. I still make it and can't get over how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us, Adri! :) It's pretty cool your childhood dreams were so consistent growing up! I've been learning that, as much as I always think "in 5 years I will have it all together"... I probably won't. And that is okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you used the free week to catch up on a previous week's prompt! That one was one of my favorites and I loved reading so many people like you say that they had a passion for one thing early on. I was constantly bouncing around from dream to dream, so I just love when people are pursuing their childhood dreams as adults. Even if educating isn't your main goal, you will figure out what you want to do! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)