Friday, February 28, 2014

Shoe Box Shelves {D.I.Y}

Yay!!! It's finally Friday!!! Woot Woot!! I'm extremely excited for this weekend. I'm going on a trip to San Diego with my friends. Reunion is definitely due.

Anyways back to the D.I.Y post. Last week, I mentioned how my room is feeling a little cluttered, and its kinda stressing me out. I started by organizing me earring collections and showed you how to make an Earring and Ring Organizer,  out of a wooden box and felt. 

This week I'm bringing you a D.I.Y with shoe boxes. Do you have shoe boxes that don't know what do with? I made mine into shelves. Yes shelves on the wall, and yes they are pretty sturdy. I got my inspiration from Creme de la Craft. I love the pop of colors she used.
//Supplies//
- Shoe Boxes
- Spray Paint
- Scrapbook paper
- 6 screws and a screwdriver (3 screws per box)
- Glue stick
I first spray painted my boxes. Please use spray paint in a well ventilated area. Since one of my boxes was red, I had to spray paint my boxes with four coats to get it nice and white. Please don't try to rush it, let each coat completely dry or else you will have streaks like mine. eeek..

After I let my boxes dry overnight. I cut my scrapbook paper the exact size of the inside of my boxes. Let's put our paper aside for a second. 

Now, we must attach our boxes to our walls, grab your screws and attach your boxes to the position desired on your wall. Glue your scrapbook paper to the inside of your boxes. 

And there you are finished. Add your finishing touches, and enjoy your added storage out of shoe boxes. Whaaa? Yep. 

A Before and After picture just to show why I was feeling a little cluttered. I loved how my little corner came out. 

What do you all think about my new little shelves? I need a new project, anyone have any ideas? :) 
 photo signature2-1.jpg

9 comments:

  1. they look great but it bothers me that you use fake eye lashes. LOL

    please be sure to come join the blog challenge http://hotpinkowl02.blogspot.com/2014/02/blog-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks great!! I always enjoy reading your blog :) Hope you have a great weekend!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.. I LOVE FAKE EYELASHES.. I was not blessed with full set of eyelashes, so I love to wear them on special occassions, I do not wear them every day.. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, that really means a lot. :)
    Thank you for keeping up with me.. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your eye make up. i can never do an eye pencil or whatever its called

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing idea, looks great Adri!!
    Definitely have to try this. c:


    <3
    Harlynn
    mindyourmadness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie @ Diary of a DebutanMarch 1, 2014 at 6:49 AM

    So cute! They seriously look so great; I can't believe they're shoe boxes. Thanks for sharing!

    xo,
    Stephanie
    Diary of a Debutante
    www.thediaryofadebutante.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Harlynn, it was fun.. I needed something to display my junk.. lol. :)
    Thanks for stopping by girly..

    ReplyDelete
  9. right.. At first I was skeptical, I was like can they really hold up my stuff.. But they are really sturdy.. I needed somewhere to put all my junk, and it was fun. :)
    Thanks for stopping by girly. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)