Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A knock on the door... {Creative Writing Tuesday}

A knock on the door in the middle of the night never means good news…
Krysten couldn't go back to sleep after Tony had left to pick up Marissa. She was turning and turning looking at the clock by the night stand. It read 11:37. 20 minutes had passed since she last checked. 40 since he had left. Where were they?

Then she heard it. The knock on the door. Someone had once told her. A knock on the door in the middle of the night never means good news. She waited, then she heard it again. The doorbell. She got up, grabbed Julian's bat at the top of the stairs and went to the down. She opened the door.

"Krysten!!"

"What? What's wrong, Melanie?"

"You have to go to the hospital." Melanie, the next door neighbor said. Her eyes were puffy. Her heart skipping. Her nice dress all dismantled. Barefoot. Her husband rushing across the lawn.

"Why? Is everything okay?" Krysten was seeing everything in a blur.

"It's Tony and..."

"Marissa. Where? What happened?" She said running inside for the car keys. "What happened?"

"We saw them on our way from the restaurant. The street was closed. We got off and we saw him. Marissa was being carried into the ambulance, and they were trying to get Tony out." Melanie shrieked.

So I'm really determine to continue writing on my blog on a daily basis, we will see how that goes. :). I think the easiest way that I'm going to get used to writing on a regular basis if I have a routine, a calendar, something to write every day.

I came up with Creative Writing Tuesday. Every Tuesday I will write a post based on a prompt for 10 minutes.Yes only 10 minutes, so don't judge please. :)

 I saw this specific prompt on here and it triggered my imagination. Haha. When I was little I wanted to be a writer, but I'm not very good at writing, but I will definitely give it a try. :)

How did you start your blog? Do you have any tips?
 photo 1b4a7372-2f44-4fbd-93a6-3dd3b221f84e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)