Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Currently Reading.. Ines del Alma Mia

Let me tell you something you might not know about me I LOVE TO READ. Lately I have been reading lots of book blogs, lol, what a nerd I know. But I have been adding lots of books on my list!!

Keep an eye out for Thursday's post on my Top Fave books (which I already know its going to be hard to choose.)

Anyways I wanted to share with you what I'm currently reading.

Check it out on Goodreads  here (english version)

I'm reading the Spanish version, which although I am fluent in Spanish; speaking, writing  and reading, I still have some trouble reading. Isabel Allende writes in proper Spanish something that I'm not used to, I find myself using a Spanish-English dictionary to translate some big words.

I love Isabel Allende, and have read her books previously The house of the Spirits and Zorro, both in Spanish, and I really enjoyed them. I'm a big fan of historical books, these books are set back in history, where the world was just expanding, and the lifestyle was different. I like to put myself in the character's shoes and imagine how life was back in time.

Ines of My Soul is set back in the 1500s when America was just being discovered and the Spanish Crown was exploring and conquering Chile and Peru. It tells the story of Ines, a Spanish woman who decided to travel to the newly found Americas in search of her husband. In her journey she finds out her husband died like many other Spanish men. She fall is love with a Spanish soldier and they set out to conquer Chile {that's where I am}.

I don't think I'm a good movie, books or anything reviewer, but when I'm done with it, I will try to review it. But 140 pages in, I recommend it, I like the story of Ines, her journey and the history.

What book are you currently reading? Have you ever read Ines of My Soul?


 photo 1b4a7372-2f44-4fbd-93a6-3dd3b221f84e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)