Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Stuffed Meatballs and Spaghetti {Cooking Time}

Its WEDNESDAY!! which means it's cooking time for me!!

My Chicken Alfredo Bake from last week was a success!! IT was so yummy. Definetely a must!!
Last week my dad mentioned that we wanted some meatballs with spafhetti.

I've made meatballs before, but decided to try something different. And again with the help of my very bestest friend Pinterest, heheh. I found a recipe for some Cheese Stuffed Meatballs!!! Check out the original recipe for my inspiration, Kelly Craves..

STUFFED MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI

Prep Time: 20 mins (pre-cooking) + 30 mins cooking (both pasta and meatballs) = 60 - 70 mins
Servings: Depending. 2-4 Meatballs per person.

Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 1 large egg or 2 medium eggs
  • 1 - 2 containers of Spagetthi Sauce (depending on your sauciness likes)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes __ I used packets of Pizza flakes. (hehe)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 lbs of ground meat
  • 16 cubed pieces of smoked mozzarella cheese (1/2 inch cubes)
  • 1 packet of spaghetti pasta
Directions:

  • Chop and cut the Parsley and Garlic and Mozarrella Cheese if not cut
  • Next mix Parsley, Garlic, Parmesan Cheese, Bread Crumbs, Eggs, 2 tablespoons of sauce, Pepper Flakes, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
  • After mixing add the ground meat. don't be affraid to get dirty, mixing with your hands is better.
  • Start shaping the meatballs, making a hole in the middle. Grab a cube of mozarella cheese and stuff it in the hole and then re-shaping the meatball.( I was able to make 30 meatballs from about 2lbs.)
  • Place the meatballs, in a dish sligthly greased and add 1/3 cup of sauce to the bottom of the baking pan.
  • Bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes under 400 degrees. (Had to make two batches)
  • Start boiling your pasta, and follow the package directions.
  • When the meatballs are done, place the meatballs in a pot and let them simmer in spagetthi sauce.
  • Add Spagetti sauce to your spagetti pasta.
  • Combine the meatballs and the pasta, or keep seperate. SERVE and ENJOY!!





Notes:

  • It was my second time using parsely ever.. It smells very good when chopping, and so I decided to put some extra. Ummm, bad idea, the meatballs tasted too much like it. For the second batch, I found myself picking at them to take some of it out.
  • We aren't that much of garlic fans so only used to cloves, but should of used 3, it would have given them a little extra kick.
  • Had to improvise when i ran out of bread crumbs, I crushed some croutons.
  • Not my favorite meatball taste, but they did taste yummy!!! :)


 photo signature.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)