But she has been saying how tired she is after work, I think hinting at us to help her for dinner. So to help her out, I decided to cook for them on Wednesdays. Thanks to the handy-dandy Pin-terest, I came upon this yummy recipe. YOU DON"T UNDERSTAND HOW CREAMY AND CHEESY AND AMAZING THIS WAS.
Pinterest took me to Life as a Lofthouse, where I got this recipe from. (Her pictures inspired me too) Which was super easy. It think this plate could totally serve 8.
1 (16 ounce) box Penne pasta noodles
2 (10 ounce) containers Alfredo sauce or 1 (15 ounce) of sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 (15 ounce) container Ricotta cheese
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups cooked, diced chicken _________ I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried Parsley ___________ I used fresh parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning _________ I used seasoning salt
2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cook the chicken until tender. Shred or dice the chicken.
- Boil the penne pasta as directed in the package. Drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Gather your ingredients, and mix all the ingredients together in the pasta pot. (except for the mozarella cheese, we will using this later)
- Pre-Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- After mixing all the ingredients, pour the pasta into the 9x13 greased pan. (can I just eat it now!!! It smells to good)
- Sprinkle the top of the pan with the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover it with foil (or without for crispy-ness) and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.