Thursday, September 26, 2013

Coffee Shop Happiness

Blogtember day 18: September 26, 2013 : Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop.

I went to a coffee shop, on my way to work. I had an extra 30 minutes and stopped by the Starbucks close to my students' house. I ordered myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte. And sat my butt down instead of my usual drink on the go. 

I didn't quite write this post at Starbucks, but I did think about it. 




What makes me happy:

 - It's beginning to feel like fall. Crispy air, cool nights, windy. I love it!! 
 - Pumpkin Spice Lattes. My new obsession as of Friday. Never tried them in the 10 years that Starbucks has had them, and I crave them now!!

 - "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern. If you have not read it, you must!! It's so magical and captivating. Everytime I put it down, I just want to pick it up and keep on reading. 
 - Reading, period. I love reading!! 
 - Knitting. Ohh gosh I sound like a grandma. Because what 23 year old knits. 

 - Candles. This candle reminds me of Berkeley. I'm not sure why, but when I lit it I took me back to the early morning walks to class. 


 - New Girl. Just started season 2, and I can't believe I just discovered it..
 - Talking about TV shows. The Fall TV show line-up: New Girl, The X-Factor, The Voice, Glee, The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Ravenswood, Parenthood, Once Upon a Time, Scandal, gahh


 - My friends!!! The ones that been there for the long run. 
 - My family!! I love them forever!!!!!
 - My munchkins = my nieces and nephews. 
 - And the newest happiness, my baby niece who is coming to the world in November. I want to meet her already!! 

4 comments:

  1. The Night Circus is one of my favorite books! It is so good and so vivid despite the whole circus being in black and white. I've read it twice. It is one of those "must read again and again" books for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Chrissy. It was so captivating!! Everything was so eerie, and magical and vivid!! I check it out on the library, but I'm thinking of buying it, because its one of those book you wish you can read over and over. :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I read the last line of the last chapter (not the epilogue chapter), I want to turn back to the first page and start all over. Such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right? Yes!! I imagine it is one of those books that if you read it again, you'll catch something you didn't get before. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)