Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Friday Night Knitting Club {Currently Reading}

Okay so Bout of Books Challenge was fun and it's been like two weeks since its ended. The end of the challenge left me reading The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Let me refresh your memory. I loved the movie, and a couple months, or I think a year ago, I decided to grab the book and read it. I started it, but it never grabbed my attention like I hoped it would. I put it down and finally picked it up again during the challenge. But again, it's not doing it for me. So I'm putting it down for good, at least for now. I hate to not finish books so I'll get to it eventually.

Now I'm reading "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs. I picked it up at a local bookstore in Berkeley for $3, score!!! Finally started it, and I like it so far!! I'm always a sucker for books that revolve around friendships! This book takes place in New York, and revolves around the knitting shop in the Upper West Side that Georgia and her 12-year-old-daughter own. The Knitting Club starts when a group of women come in to the shop to ask for some tips and eventually staying overtime to not only working on knitting projects but opening up about their daily lives and problems. For the members of the club, knitting has saved them in numerous occasions throughout their lives, and the club has become a sanctuary where they can come and let go from their daily life. But life happens and each member now deals with her own problems.

It has mixed reviews on GoodReads, from one star to five stars. But one of my aunts told me she loved it, and she cried, good enough to give it a try.

What do you think about "The Time Traveler's Wife"? How about "The Friday Night Knitting Club"? Or what are you Currently Reading?

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts!! :)